Sunday, December 27, 2009

Unnecessary and Irksome

Like that engrish sign over Orchard Road, she continued to irk me. Even a whole week after she left. Her card arrived soon after, like 3 days later.

We did meet; I let her speechify and preachify, All the people she criticised as irresponsible and self-centred I still cannot help but like. Deep down, I guess I even admire them.

On her last day, she messaged me to say she will be back at 6pm to begin packing and I could call her if I liked (oh thank you). I waited a decent 15 minutes past the assigned time and called, and of course she has not made it back yet. I did not bother to try again because by then she would have really been frantically packing, and I got to being busy in the kitchen.

I messaged her the following day wishing her a good flight and safe arrival. Nothing came back. I sms'ed a Christmas greeting to her. Nothing came back.

Yesterday, she texted me in the late afternoon announcing she was free to talk. Well, I was not.

Today, she rang while I was busy tucking into my favourite lunch of dim sum. I did not pick up.

Did she really think I would be free and available to tend to her at any time? Especially this time of the year?

Well, she'd be wrong.

Just like the engrish sign is wrong.

And because neither is necessary in the first place, I find them unforgiveably irksome.

10 comments:

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

its really annoying when someone repeatedly ignores or waits till a decade to reply to your sms. just shows how unimportant the friendship is to them

sinlady said...

edpj - thanks :) nothing about her matters anymore to me, so everything is very ok again for me.

wildgoose said...

Ah! One less piece of baggage. :)

sinlady said...

wildgoose - yes! :) :) :)

zewt said...

hmmm... i wonder who this person is. not your mom, is she?

sinlady said...

zewt - not mother. that one unfortunately cannot just dump.

zewt said...

ahhh.... i guess we all that have that kinda someone in our lives.. dont we.

Happy New Year!

sinlady said...

zewt - everyone knows someone like that, unfortunately.

happy new year to you too!

p.s. the courts of your land has just answered the "Allah" question for you. it is the right approach:)

zewt said...

well, too soon to celebrate... the govt is appealing at the court of appeal and based on recent trends, high court always rule in favour of ppl and then court of appeal will overrule it.

those who celebrate any ruling from high court will only suffer from pre-mature orgasm.

sinlady said...

zewt - again, it's happening already. too bad that you will be right.