Monday, December 14, 2009

Aches and Pains

Of late, I find myself whinging to friends in my age group about various aches and pains in my body. The knees creak, cackle and pop when I get up from a sitting position. My shoulders stiffen if I slept in an awkward position. Nowadays I even wake up with pain in my wrist and finger joints.

Some of these are from sports injury of long ago. Others are from present day lifestyle. The rest are I guess just part and parcel of growing older.

And most of the friends feel the aches and pains too, just in different places and in varying degrees of severity. We have a grand time discussing what to do and what to take to minimise the trauma of living with pain.

Mr Chubby who has been listening in all this time finally puffed up his chest and cheerily said, "You know, everybody who were sports jocks in their younger days seem to live with some sort of injury. I, on the other hand, was always a couch potato. I must be the only one among us with no chronic pain problem from sports injury. I must be in the best of physical condition compared to the rest of you. Heh!"

You know, Mr Chubby Couch Potato has a point there. But shaddup already. I am in pain here, okay?

8 comments:

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

haha. thats what my lazy friends say too. that doing too much sports will cause arthritis later on. but i also dun wan to look like a potato my whole life tho

wildgoose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wildgoose said...

Mr Chubby sure knows how to rub it in. :)

I guess it's also about doing the sports correctly. I used to have a lot more problems with my knees until I started yoga. But even the practise can't relieve much of the pain in my shoulder and wrist from the bad posture I tend to be in when in front of the computer.

sinlady said...

edpjunke - lazy friends? haha i like that.

wildgoose - i don't know about doing things properly considering that accidents happen. you know it 2 seconds before you go down but there is nothing you can do to stop the impending accident.

yeah - bad posture is a big part of the problem :(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wildgoose said...

I was thinking more along the lines of repetitive stress injuries, not accidents. :) yeah, little one can do to prevent accidents.

Anonymous said...

aiyo kita sama2 lor, sini sakit sana sakit, sekarang before bed time must rub with minyak angin and also went for a traditional urut lor because the urat semua sudah keras. It's better now.....

Take care and selamat hari nathal-NM

sinlady said...

wildgoose - ah, right.

NM - sini sakit sana sakit ! haha
sayang...