Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I sseee ddouble

of everything the last three days. Like every face on television has 3 eyes.

Life as I knew it was becoming difficult eg I have difficulty figuring out where the extra fingers go on the typepad. Depth perception is also altered, so I can forget driving for now. I don't remember a time when I could see well without glasses or contact lens, but this latest vision problem is something completely out of my experience with poor eyesight.

Opthalmic tests today determined no glaucoma, no retinal tear, no neurological deficit. I am thankful for that. Likely cause of double vision is a decompensated squint in my left eye.

I have follow up tests next week to rule out any other ocular or neurological causes.

I am already trying to imagine an eye patch as an accessory...

p.s. I am not receptive to alternative course of management, so please do not make those recommendations even though I deeply appreciate your concern.

9 comments:

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

oh no! i hope you will get well soon.

Anonymous said...

yup, get well soon.

Anonymous said...

hope they can sort out the squint next week with the neuro tests.

sinlady said...

thanks girls - i know it will get sorted out.

Anonymous said...

take care :S

Anonymous said...

Halloween coming, so eye patch will be so in hor! Sorry, but tk care lah. U are still beautiful, squint or no squint.

sinlady said...

dancingbunny - i will.

vb - hey that's a thought! and thanks for the words of encouragement.

Anonymous said...

How is your eyes...? Feels better already?

sinlady said...

dancingbunny - double vision not severe anymore. tests not over yet, but so far nothing that is really bad. will update when findings are more conclusive. stop worring ya? i don't feel bad at all :)