Monday, September 15, 2008

Two haflas and a hula dance

I made my way to the haflas on my own, knowing I'd meet up with the usual suspects. I decided not to bring my camera. I wanted to just kick back and enjoy the performances instead of peering through the lens on the lookout for photo-worthy shots.There were many videos and cameras going. One of the videos appear here.

I am truly happy for Belinda and Claribel that their haflas were very well attended. There were many many new faces, always an encouraging sign for this small community. And then there were the familiar faces - a heart warming show of support for friends who put in so much effort to bring these events to the bellydance circle.

The weekend also turned out to be rewarding in a personal way. A chance conversation with a fellow bellydancer uncovered a little known hula dance class available in a studio downtown.

I was looking to stop social dance for a while; I am not having a good time at salsa with the uncles and aunties.

The hula class will be an ideal substitute.

I don't know what to expect, but I am hoping it will be
this.

3 comments:

wildgoose said...

The drum solo is pretty good.

Hula looks fun. :)

Suzie Wong said...

ooh love the hula dance. But looks bad on the knees! dun mind giving it a try if there is a good course tho.

sorry didn't make it for the hafla, was having such a good time catching up with my family

sinlady said...

wildgoose - it is and i think it is.

suziewong - will let u know how it goes. no worries. u have so little time with family as it is. catch other ones later in the year.