Thursday, October 18, 2007

100 best dishes of Singapore


It came with the Sunday Times (October 14) - a special edition of Lifestyle listing the 100 best dishes in Singapore.

I read the supplement cover to cover. And then re-read it several times over.

I recognised 70% of the restaurants named.

Of that 70%, I've been to 80% of them.

I've eaten 80% of their recommendation.

I agree with their selection 90% of the time.

I feel I am such a gourmet.

I also feel I am such a gourmand.

Maybe I flatter myself with the above labels.

Maybe I am truly just a glutton indulging my compulsion.

5 comments:

wildgoose said...

So long as you're happy, doesn't matter what labels. :)

sinlady said...

wg - true true :) Actually I was trying to decide if there is any meaningful distinction among the labels.

wildgoose said...

I had to look up the dictionary for what they mean. :D didn't seem like there's much distinction.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

wats the diff between a gourmet and a gourmand?

sinlady said...

wg - all involves eating right? LOL

edpj - A gourmet eats atas food discriminately. A gourmand eats atas food to excess.