Monday, September 10, 2007

Something about girls and poles


They look cute, sweet and sexy. They are dancers, they are fitness enthusiasts. They combine pole-dance with exercise. The result is a strength building and sexy form of fitness training called pole-xercise.

Suzie Wong (below,) has been trumpeting the benefit of pole fitness and pole dance. I finally got the chance to see her and her friends at play/work last weekend.

I know it takes dedicated training to build upper arm and core strength to do the routine. The girls looked really really good.

I am tempted.

13 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

Aww..thanks....pics are awesome

yes, you should, even if it's just the spin & poses at the start

sinlady said...

YOU girls were awesome! I am psyching myself up to it :)

wildgoose said...

Go go! It's fun. The spins make you feel like you're flying. :)

Aelgtoer said...

Ha ha go for it! Then Ming will have someone she can practice with. :)

Suzie Wong said...

SL, I've got a pole in my house...wink!

sinlady said...

wg - still working on psyching myself up to it. I believe you though.

aelgtoer - think suziewong got plenty of pole mates already :)

suziewong - will check it out next time I'm there

Jodie said...

Wow, amazing, innit!!!! My belly dance instructor started practicing Pole Dancing too but personally for myself I think I'm not strong enough so I'd stick around what I am doing at the moment for now.

In a few years time, maybe ;)

Suzie Wong you do look amazing! :D

sinlady said...

jodie - the team was amazing. Suziewong is our queen of pole so she HAS to be amazing :)
Are u like me, still trying to find the courage n will to try pole?haha

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

whoa.. the last pose on the right.

i think if i try tat, i will probably be in hospital concussed by now

sinlady said...

edpj - haha. Dat's why must learn the kung fu first.

Suzie Wong said...

Thanks jodie...wa, I'm blushing...

EDPJ, like SL says must practice mah, I started from zero also

Simone said...

Oooooh I am tempted too (easy for me to say cos having a baby belly is a hindrance now ... hahahha).

sinlady said...

simone - It is safe for you to say anything for now haha