Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bellydance festivals

I only just found out about this mega event:

Dina, the living legend of bellydance, will be performing at the International Belly Dancing Convention 2007 in Las Vegas (July 30 to August 4)

It is too late for me to schedule my work/life to attend this. Sigh.

If any of you make this event, I'd love to hear all about your experience.



I can, however, start to plan on going to the Istanbul Gypsy Festival in May next year.

Incidentally, I have stayed at the Hotel Hali - the hotel of choice for this festival.

Actually, I have been everyplace and done everything mentioned in this itinerary. But I will happily do them all again :)

Any of you joining me?

7 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

almost 1 year from now leh! only the 'ho mias' can start planning now

sinlady said...

more 'ho mia' to be able to go on short notice. like some lucky people did recently :)

wildgoose said...

:) I don't plan my life so far ahead leh.. not a matter of "ho mia" or not.

sinlady said...

wg : the nature of my work doesn't allow me to take off for more than 3 days on short notice.

wildgoose said...

Heh... I understand. But the festival is next May! :) Besides, now I can only plan up to next January. Anything else is too much. :P

Jodie said...

I wish I could go to Istanbul Gypsy Festival ... I guess I will have to start saving now..

Thanks for visiting my blog and sorry it took me ages to get back to you :-) Hope life is treating you well .. feel free to visit my blog at anytime :-)

sinlady said...

jodie: Wouldn't it be so cool to dance with the gypsies?

I love your blog and visit it often. Keep well.