Saturday, April 14, 2007

Starting over

The dance sessions have resumed after a short break over the easter weekend. I did not hear from my one-time dance partner since the last time. I had thought to call her, but I did not. I would not know what to say or what to expect.

So I took the path of least resistance. I did nothing to re-trace steps, re-hash events, re-new the relationship. Instead there is a sense of relief that the partnership is over. It is not unlike a love relationship that was ailing and limping along because neither partner wanted to address the problem. And when it finally ends by attrition, both are mutually grateful to be unshackled.

She did not show up. That is not unexpected.

I have a new partner. When we started our dance, I was acutely aware that I could hear the music again. There is joy in starting over.

3 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

Yah! Call her. And tell her you new partner is so.o.o.o.o much better....:)

wildgoose said...

Heh... trust Suzie to think of that.
Hopefully this one not so stressful. :P

sinlady said...

thanks you 2 for show of solidarity. I am just happy the partnership has run its course. I AM happier with new partner - she is genuinely interested and reliable.