Friday, February 16, 2007

Something Round, Something Sweet


Of all the old-fashioned foods that must appear at the Chinese New Year Dinner table, tang yuan is my absolute all-time favourite.

I make them! I can tell you it is fiddly work all the way.

But this time of the year, I find it therapeutic to roll dozens and dozens of those sweets-filled balls.

It allows me to block out the thought of all the people I HAVE to see and be nice to over the next several days.


So far I have made them with peanut/black sesame/tau sar-fillings.

And of course I also made the red-dyed no-filling ones for good measure.


I can be so traditional when the mood strikes.

6 comments:

wildgoose said...

Oh wow. Of all the fillings, I like black sesame the best. Looking at the pix now makes me feel like eating. :)~

sinlady said...

Will make sure you get those :)

wildgoose said...

hee... thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wah!! What a lot of work!!! But looks good!

Suzie Wong said...

oh i love the black sesami ones. Sigh, not got computer yet

sinlady said...

vb - ya, worth the work.
suziewong - u get the black sesame ones too if u show up for dinner :)