Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I love Mephisto Shoes!

There is a lot of walking in travel. This is especially true of travel in the Old World, where one can expect to walk on miles of cobblestone pavements on hilly terrain.

I cannot bring myself to wear sports shoes for my romps in an urban setting. I would suffer aches in the heel, foot, leg, back, neck before I would commit such a fashion faux pas.

There are many shoes in the market that boast comfort wear. There must be as many varied opinions about what is considered comfortable. I have paid enough in terms of blisters, crushed toes, referred aches and pains, and money to learn which big name shoes do not live up to their advertisement.

Then, on this recent trip, I walked into Mephisto on 19 Rue Voltaire, 33000 Bordeaux.

That day, I walked into a world that knows shoes from overpriced over-rated foot wrappers. That day, my life is transformed. That day, my love for shoes was re-kindled.

That day, I stopped dreading long treks on hilly pavements of cobblestone.

7 comments:

imp said...

Look at El Naturalista too! They're awesome! Glad you had a good time walking.

sinlady said...

imp - oooh thanks. they look like it's similar to mephisto. el naturalista wouldn't be in sg, would they?

imp said...

sinlady: at tanglin mall's mephisto shop on ground level opposite cafe beviamo. but limited designs...

wildgoose said...

So you belong to the "ai swee mai miah" brigade. hahaha...
I still like my Clarks loafers or Muji ankle boots for walks. Don't go with your gypsy style though.

sinlady said...

imp - will look in when next i'm there. thanks!

wildgoose - haha. ai swee but not extreme lah. miah important too.

tuti said...

they look stylish. who knows stylish can go with comfort! wonderful!

sinlady said...

tuti - thanks :)i love everything about them.