Friday, February 19, 2010

Snow, snow everywhere

New York in late January/early February can only be described as c-o-l-d. Bitterly, relentlessly, mercilessly cold.

I have been known to say I'd sooner freeze than wear puffy puffy coats and beanies. I had to compromise this time: I wore the beanie (with desperate but futile effort to glam it up with a fashionable scarf), and pulled on a decidedly unglam poncho to protect my trench coat from the wind-driven snow.

Two more days and a couple of degrees colder, and I would probably eat my words and bundle up in a puffy puffy coat.

8 comments:

imp said...

Heh. Wool really doesn't do well in snow if you're out for the whole day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wildgoose said...

brrr.... I think I would put on anything to keep out the cold. =p me no like the cold.

sinlady said...

imp - that was my trench and i didn't think it'd take the pelting snow either!

wildgoose - puffy puffy coat and beanie for you then :)

dancingbunny said...

Geez....you know exactly 1 year ago, Feb 22nd 2009, I was on the UA flight bound for US.

The cold, is really ...bitterly cold! I can identify that!

But i like time square

sinlady said...

bunny - yes, i remembered!

i love times sq too! like no need go anywhere else already.

suzie wong said...

wow..nice

sinlady said...

suziewong - cold!!