Thursday, May 31, 2007

Gypsies in Kumkapi

...Gypsy Dance by All about Eve
Leave me where I can do no wrong
It is night-time and their fires burn
Alt that matters here is song and dance
It is my time and their hearts, they burn

In a circle, in a ring
Gypsy dance, gypsy sing
Gypsy dance to the tambourine
In fields of green

Promises of fate and destiny
Old woman... I don't want to know
Anything tomorrow brings will be
When this hour is yesterday's ghost


Kumkapi was recommended as the place where locals go for good food, drinks and music. The entire street is filled with restaurants; tables are on the streets next to each other.

Gypsy musicians and belly dancers go around the tables. Be warned that the entertainers expect to be tipped generously.

4 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

O this looks so fun.......nice

Suzie Wong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wildgoose said...

Looks like great fun. Small towns are always more interesting.
Strange, I thought I left a msg in the post about Antalya but it's missing. Wanted to say, nice pix! :)

sinlady said...

SW and WG - was fun. First time I was around gypsies up close and personal.