Saturday, October 28, 2006

A DATE WITH BELLYDANCE

(photo courtesy of Claribel and Kyoko)


He is one of the best known and respected master teachers of middle-eastern dance. And he is invited by Claribel to conduct a series of techniques and choreography classes over 3 days. I am fortunate to be in some of those classes.
The participants are of all levels of proficiency - some early beginners, several competent dancers, a few notable performers. All put in their best effort.
Because the master teacher inspires everyone to want to give their all. He shows and reminds us what this dance form is about. He brings out the mood of the music - the beauty, joy and playfulness of love - in an easy flirtatious style. There is the happiness in his face, the twinkle in his eyes, the lightness of feet, the graceful movement of hands.
In this workshop going through the paces, remembering the feel of the dance and hearing the music all over again, I know why I am in love with bellydance.
Note: Claribel, one of our most respected teachers of Middle East Dance, conducts master -teacher workshops several times a year. Check her website for regular updates.

12 comments:

wildgoose said...

It is nice to recapture that feeling. Hard to find that feeling anywhere else, isnt' it? The beauty just reaches right to your soul. Much as I enjoy exotic and pole dancing, they just don't touch you the same way.

Suzie Wong said...

I guess too absorbed to take pictures huh! Was hoping for some. Oi! WG.......pole dancing does touch and bruise every inch of me ok! haha....

sinlady said...

WG - ya, exactly. As in line-dancing doesn't quite do it for me either LOL

SuzieW - I should kick myself I did not bring camera!!

Simone said...

Ahhhhhh, sounds like a lovely workshop and a wonderful opportunity to touch the soul as one moves the body.

You are soooo tempting me to get back into the bellydance groove :)

sinlady said...

Simone - Come back to the dance! We miss you!

3A Gurl said...

wah lucky you did not take photos, except for the authorised group ones at the end of the workshops. cos you will get scolding lah. even videos were prohibited except in certain circumstances.

sinlady said...

Hey 3agurl ! First time seeing you here :) Thanks for warning but yes, i am quite aware picture/video taking requires permission :)

3A Gurl said...

unfortunately a fair proportion of participants failed to realise that. you missed some really tense moments!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! So Diva! That makes me think twice about attending other workshops! Ok, I can respect the no photo taking if told beforehand, not like I would do it sneakily. But really, no need to have tension mah! Life is too short for this kind of drama.

sinlady said...

suziewong: Cannot live by dictates of seow people lah. See u at workshops that interest you ok? I got striptease wkshop coming up!

Anonymous said...

Oh nice photo!

sinlady said...

suzie wong: I agree :)